Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival 2019
Please find below information for press, media, PRs and others about the 2019 Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival.
Key facts about the Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival
- The first event was held back in 1996 and organised by a group of local surfers wanting to raise funds and awareness for the charity Surfers Against Sewage.
- The event is run every year by a group of unpaid volunteers. Help and support is also provided by our generous supporters and partners.
- Competitors for some of the races have come from as far afield as Belgium, France, Brazil and Hawaii!
- Only one dog has completed 4 paddles – infamous “Cunt Flop” sat on the front of a longboard for two years, a kayak for one year and swam round another year!
- The Paddle has raised over £300,000 for charity and well in excess of 100K for David Samuel over the past few years.
- The 2019 event is expected to attract in the region of 60,000 visitors across the weekend
There are so many events, races, attractions, displays etc that make up the Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival, but here are some of the key ones:
- Paddle Round The Pier – the mass sponsored paddle which takes place on Sunday afternoon
- Paddle Something Unusual – the increasingly popular raft race with a difference!
- Children’s entertainment – a dedicate stage with entertainment for the whole family, a giant sandpit and a crèche
- Music Stage – an outdoor stage playing host to some of the best local bands, plus artists from further afield
- Ukulele stage – with guest performances from across the UK
- Shopping village – hundreds of stalls selling everything you can think of!
- Food & drink area – food from across the globe, plus liquid refreshment tents
- SUP Races – competitive races for professional paddlers that will test their endurance to the limit
- Skate & BMX Ramp Park – 3 ramps for demos and free-sessions
This year’s charities, all of whom receive an equal share of the monies raised from the event are:
Main website: www.paddleroundthepier.com
Latest news about the event can be taken and used from: www.paddleroundthepier.com/news/
YouTube: A selection of videos to use if you need to…
So that we know who is coming on the day, it’s really useful if you ‘register’ in advance by simply emailing email@example.com with your name, media you represent (or freelance for), your mobile number and how many are accompanying you (if applicable).
We will be able to meet you and arrange interviews, tours of the site etc.
Also we have a limited number of hospitality passes available that give access to the VIP area at the event. These passes will allow one complimentary drink, after which we ask you to make donations if you decide to stay for more.
Please help us by respecting the VIPs in this area – all requests for photos etc should go to Sophie Corbett or one of her team.
For all press and marketing enquiries or to register your attendance at the weekend please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.