Swim Update for Sunday
Thank you so much for all your support and patience today at registration. We were very much hoping to be able to reschedule the swim to a later window in the day to allow particularly those of you who travelled from some distance to be able to partake in the swim.
The weather gods were against us but they are looking kinder for tomorrow. Therefore we have rescheduled the 2.5k swim for Sunday morning.
Our revised plan is as follows:
Sunday 6 July 2014
A linear swim from the beach to the east of (main) Brighton Pier to the Finish Gantry in the middle of Paddle Village on Hove Lawns
0830 Registration (if relevant) and bag drop closes
0900 Meet on beach to the east of the (main) Brighton Pier (off Madeira Drive, BN2 1TW) near the big wheel (look for the flags)
0915 Course and Safety Briefing
0920 Swim Start (we originally said 0930 start but would like to start earlier if possible)
Please leave AT LEAST 25 minutes to walk down to the start point from Paddle Village
[box type=alert] IMPORTANT – please leave any bags (with red numbered bag tag) in the bag drop area in Paddle Village by 0830 hours at the latest. You should wear flip flops and either your wetsuit or (if you are not swimming in a wetsuit) light clothing.[/box]
We will be limited in what we can carry back to Paddle Village and items may not be available by the time you finish your swim. Therefore, please bring a spare pair of shoes and change of clothes and leave in your bag. Items left at the flip flop drop on the beach will be put in bin liners and transported back for you to retrieve from a pile either on the finish beach or at registration. They are left at your own risk so please don’t wear any favourites!!!
For those who did NOT complete paperwork in Registration Tent today or who wish to newly register
- If you are able to join us for this rescheduled swim but you have not completed your “Physical Readiness/emergency contacts” paperwork, please report to the main registration tent in Paddle Village (big white tent on right hand side as you walk in from main entry by Peace Statue) BEFORE 0830 hours in order to complete your paperworkNew registrations can also be made at Registration prior to 0830.
- You will be issued with a red bag tag with your swimmer number. Please attach this and leave your bag in the bag drop area (black tent diagonally opposite Registration).
- Please make your way down to beach east of the (main) Brighton Pier in just flip flops and light wetsuits/clothing for 0900. Please leave at least 25 minutes for this walk.
For those who DID complete paperwork in Registration Tent today
- Please use the bag drop in the main Paddle Village (black tent diagonally opposite Registration) to leave your main bag. Please use the red numbered bag tag that you were issued at registration. Once you are on the beach, we will write your swimmer number on your hand and this will need to tally with your bag tag number in order for you to retrieve your bag.PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR BAG TO THE START POINT AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOOK AFTER THIS FOR YOU!
- Please remember to bring the SWIM HAT you were issued with today!!!
- Please make your way down to beach to the east of the (main) Brighton Pier in just flip flops and light wetsuits/clothing for 0900 hours. Please leave at least 25 minutes for this walk.
In the interests of getting information to swimmers who are available to do this swim, this information does not deal with the issue of swimmers who are unable to do the rescheduled swim or who are signed up to the 1.25k swim race which will be running simultaneously. This matter is being reviewed and we will be in contact separately about this.
Our apologies to all those who travelled today but were unable to swim. We had two back-up swim times planned but the decision was taken on the morning by the water safety team that these would not be suitable due to the conditions.
Thanks again to the wonderful Bri Tri team (www.brightontri.org) who have kindly agreed to come back and run the timing for this race. If you are interested in a vibrant, friendly triathlon club suitable for all levels and abilities, please have a chat with them after the race.
Thank you all again for your patience and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible tomorrow morning.
Clare , Swim Coordinator